Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ups and Downs of Cooking Paleo for My Kids

If I am going to be honest I must admit that we have ups and downs at the dinner table. I cook the same meal for everyone. I don't have the time or the energy for anyone to, "have it their way!"  If you like it- eat it!  and if you don't -either eat it or you are going to be hungry until the next snack or meal time comes around.

Sometimes things go great! Tonight we made Fun Burgers; a recipe from Everyday Paleo.  The burgers were AMAZING! My husband already has plans to make more next week. We had two happy little eaters munching away at their dinner.

nom nom nom
Last night was a different story. Last night I was a bad mom. My 3 1/2 year old daughter said she was going to tell my husband that I cooked bad food. Luckily, I enjoyed dinner as did my son and my husband when he finally got home and had time to eat. I must admit that it was not my best or most creative meal- but not every meal can be award winning. This pic makes me think she might have been on to something.

The important thing is that I know when my kids do decide to eat they are eating healthy food. I know they are not going to starve if they decide something I make is YUCKY.  I'll just say it is intermittent fasting and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment